Sunday, August 19, 2012

103 to go....

103 days until I sit for a test which will determine my path and future plans. I have spent the past three hours studying for the LSAT... Analytical Reasoning- Christ!!! Since we last spoke, I have been trying to analytically "reason" which portion of this test is going to be the worst and require the most work on my part to get a decent score. Hmmmm any guesses? If you said ANALYTICAL REASONING then your deductive abilities are on point, and you are definitely on the right track. Now friends, don't think that I have thrown in the towel- I haven't. I have simply gained better insight into the strange and mysterious workings of what will forever be dubbed- The BYRD BRAIN. The Byrd Brain is not small in size..It has the capacity for great things, but it is definitely hardwired in a totally random and frustrating way. What is super easy and makes absolute and perfect sense to some- seems impossible and totally random to me. 


This is not new information.  Most of you know that I absolutely cannot decipher that mathematical languages of Fractions, Algebra and Geometry. It has been proven through testing- Byrd has a pretty significant learning disability. I know- you're stunned. Having proof of this and acknowledging the same, I know that the road to the LSAT is going to be studded with a mine field of disconnects and wrong turns. This is OK!!! I am going to be OK!!! As I mentioned in my last post, self-awareness can be a useful tool. Knowing that the Byrd Brain does what it wants and not necessarily what I want, will ultimately be useful. I just have to develop a schedule- find people who have the requisite abilities to assist- and WORK HARDER. Whatever... you know me... you know I am not afraid to work hard, you know I am resourceful as hell, and you know I am a time management master. Byrdie IS the Muthafuckin' MAN!!!! I don't see the Byrd Brain as a bad thing- it's just different and knowing what the deal is can only help. I am sure it will prove entertaining. 


My point is this- it would be very easy to let this one thing freak me out and stop me in my tracks. It would be really simple to throw up my hands and settle for the way things are right now. BUT when I think about all of the things I would have missed out on because they were hard- then my life would not have been very well-lived. I encourage you all to take a risk. BET ON YOURSELVES!!! Dream Bigger than you ever have. It will be worth it. Whatever the outcome... it will be worth it.


Off I go to fill my head with logic rules....

Byrdie







No comments:

Post a Comment