Monday, January 2, 2012

Ok... Here We Go Again

It is the beginning of a New Year.  This is supposed to be a time of renewal... sloughing off the old, embracing the new... blah blah blah.  As you will remember, this time last year I was embarking on a blogging adventure- and as many many New Year's resolutions go for many many of us (read me) I decided that I had too much crap going on and just abandoned my quest.  This was also true for my new job quest- shoveling out the middle bedroom quest, losing a huge amount of fat quest, roller derby quest, etc... 

Does this mean I am an epic failure?  Am I doomed to a life of mediocrity?  Will I remain trapped in the ho-hum day-to-day bullshit? HELL NO!!!  Nope!!! No way!!!  Life is full of second chances and third and more. All that you have to do is decide to do SOMETHING and Do It!!!   Sounds easy right?  It certainly is easy to say, but it's freaking hard to do.  There is always something that will be more pressing, more important, more necessary, more interesting... let's face it, there will always be a reason to keep you from doing the thing that you want to do.   But here's the thing folks, one of the greatest lessons I learned last year was that acting on your ideas, even when done imperfectly, is forward movement which is markedly better than no movement right?

So this year- this 2012 year- this end of the world year (yeah whatever) I resolve to do things that I want to do- even if it's only one time- even if they are not perfect. It's so easy to get engulfed by the "perfect"- Newsflash people- YOU ARE NOT PERFECT!!!  So why are we constantly striving to be so, to make it so?  Listen- we have all been around those people who firmly believe that unless it is perfect- unless it is without flaw- that it is ruined and unworthy.  Trust me people- a lopsided chocolate cake is still delicious- you can still snarf every bite with no problem.  So are you... delicious... even with your little imperfections. 

My challenge this year is to live imperfectly but enjoy every minute.  Whew!!! Now that the standards have been brought down a bit- I bet it will be a little more fun!!! 

Peace!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to look at things! I'm one of those people who are "do it right (read: perfectly) or don't do it at all" and I need to work on that. The only thing I can do is give my best and if it's not enough, it's not enough. Nobody is Super(wo)man and I need to realize I am included in that. But you're right, easier said than done. Oh, and thanks for adding me to your blog list. :)

    ReplyDelete